One of the world’s open citizenship rules is provided by Canada. As a result, thousands of individuals each year qualify for Canadian citizenship, and more than 85% of permanent residents do so. The ability to avoid red tape associated with immigration and bureaucracy when pursuing business interests in Canada is the clear advantage of Canadian citizenship for investors and entrepreneurs. Additionally, Canada offers highly skilled workers a vibrant and healthy employment market.
But how do you know that you can apply for Canadian citizenship? Well, meeting residency criteria, speaking English and/or French fluently, and not having a criminal record that would prevent you from becoming a citizen are just a few of the requirements for becoming eligible for Canadian citizenship. So, if you want to learn more about Canadian citizenship, you should connect with a Canada PR Consultant. Also, this comprehensive page provides An overview of the requirements for Canadian citizenship.
Canadian Citizenship Criteria
Being physically present in Canada for three of the five prior years is one of the requirements for becoming a citizen of Canada. If you are 18 years of age or above, among other requirements, you must have lived in Canada for at least 1,095 days during the five years preceding the citizenship application. Also, there are other eligibility criteria for Canadian citizenship in addition to the prerequisite of physical presence, some of which are:
- In order to interact with Canadian culture, you must speak either English or French fluently. You must provide evidence of language proficiency if you are 18 to 54 years old.
- According to IRCC’s ruling, you cannot have a felony record that forbids the awarding of citizenship.
- During the five years prior to the date of your application, you might have to submit taxes in Canada for at least three of those years.
- In addition to having a fundamental understanding of Canada’s geography, political system, and history, you must be aware of your rights and obligations as a citizen.
- The IRCC must receive a formal application from you in addition to payment of the right of citizenship fee and government processing fee.
Once you’ve met the requirements, you can file an application for Canadian citizenship. After being approved, candidates between the ages of 18 and 54 must pass a citizenship exam.
It will take a lot of time and effort to complete the full citizenship process, which includes applying for permanent residency and taking the citizenship test. Before you receive Canadian citizenship, many years may pass. Don’t give up if the citizenship application process seems intimidating. Contact PearVisa today and apply for Canada PR hassle-free. As a leading Immigration Consultant in Bangalore, we help everyone with their visa and immigration process.