Skilled Independent Work Visa (Subclass 189)
Through this permanent resident work permit, you are permitted to work and live in Australia. Certain qualified foreign workers who belong to the occupation mentioned on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List are entitled to a Australian visa subclass 189. This visa allows the applicant to pass a qualifications examination and be sponsored by an employer, a family member, or a state or territory government. This visa is permitted to the invited workers and New Zealand citizens with in-demand skills, to live, and work permanently anywhere across Australia.
1st July 2017, marks as the foundation day of subclass 189 visa, making it easier for the New Zealand citizens residing in Australia to become permanent residents, only after meeting the following requirements:
- Have a Special Category (subclass 444) visa.
- Have lived in Australia for five years, beginning before February 19, 2016, and meeting the taxable income criteria before submitting
- Comply with all health regulations
- Fulfill the character criterion.
What Are the Benefits of a Skilled Independent Work Visa (Subclass 189)?
If you are looking for a way to reap the benefits of Australian permanent residence then subclass 189 is the right independent work visa option for you. Here’s all that it offers:
- Live and be employed in Australia for an indefinite time.
- Study in Australia.
- Permitted to enroll in the state-run healthcare program, medicare.
- Can apply for Australian citizenship.
- Sponsorship for permanent residence of relatives.
- Travel in and out of Australia.
This is a points-based visa that is available for skilled workers, not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member. You must first submit an Expression of Interest before you can submit a legitimate application for this visa. This can be done both inside and outside of Australia.
Skilled Independent Work Visa (Subclass 189) Application conditions
Applications are permitted by invitation only. To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Hold prior experience in a nominated profession from Australia’s Skilled Occupations List,
- Get a qualifications evaluation from the appropriate evaluating authority for the profession.
- Fill out an Expression of Interest form.
- Satisfy general Skilled Migration specific standards, such as English language, fitness, and character tests
- Be over the age of 18 and under the age of 50 when the invitation is given
- Be eligible to pass the points exam with a score of at least 65.
You will have 60 days to submit an online application, after the visa invitation. The invitation letter will give you an understanding of the process that you must follow. Invitations are issued depending on the arguments you make in your Expression of Interest, at the time of applying. Your submission must provide the material from your Expression of Interest as well as supporting facts.
Family Members Permitted under the Skilled Independent Work Visa (Subclass 189)
- Your partner
- Your or your partner’s dependent child
- Your or your partner’s dependent relative.
Further Information, help, and advice
Pearvisa.com can help you immigrate to the country of your choice. We are the best Australia skilled independent subclass 189 consultant, contact us to discuss your concerns and queries, our representative will contact you shortly.
For more information and advice on the Subclass 189 visa and immigration laws fill our contact form, and we shall get in touch with you at the earliest possible!